Driving quality in primary care to support excellence in commissioning, practice Appraisal Visit
The GP’s in West Leicestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (WL CCG) have continued to take on the responsibilities for ensuring the provision of cost effective and high quality care for patients. The majority of care provided by general practice is excellent. However there is variation in performance, gaps in the quality of care and continuing health inequalities that suggest there remains scope and opportunity for improvement.
The practice appraisal continues to be a key part of the CCG’s approach to engage clinicians in an open and active debate on the quality in primary medical care and the associated responsibilities of the CCG. The approach will be clinically led, supportive and educational whilst providing objectivity and challenge. In particular it will:
· Use data and information to provide clinicians with the knowledge they need to identify and prioritise areas for quality improvement
· Continue to develop an open culture that focuses on quality
· Support strong clinical leadership
· Give practices the opportunity to engage in and further understand the work of the CCG
· Provide an opportunity to share best practice and provide innovative solutions.
Copy of the latest practice appraisal is below.
Practice Appraisal - March 2017